Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wed. Jan 2, 2008

A new year and a new attitude about my health. That's what it will require to heal this body, mind and spirit back to wellness.

The current issue ( Nov. 2007) of Breakthroughs in Health, magazine is all about Ayurvedic Medicine. As I am reading more and more on this, as I want to totally bring my body back into balance, I believe it is something one must embrace to bring the body back from dis-ease ( of any kind).

Ayurvedic Medicine
( this is a quote from the Editor in Chief of Breakthroughs)
"Tracing its roots back thousands of years in India, Ayurveda embraces the entire person, not just a "one size fits all" solution. Ayurveda treats not just the physical body, but includes the mental, emotional and spiritual components of healing. If something helps heal us, Ayurveda says all the better. To accomplish this, it incorporates other healing systems, including traditional Western medicine, homeopathy, naturopathy, chiropractic, massage therapy and acupuncture. Remember, it wasn't so long ago the medical establishment shunned and berated the ancient healing art of acupuncture until it had to accept that it can have benefits. It's the same thing with Ayurveda."

I am looking into sites where I can get "this medicine"...I'll let you know what I find out.

be well...
~Amy~