Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fwd: Sol and adrenal issue and the CAUSE of disease

--- In Thyroiditis@yahoogroups.com, "Amelia"
<lakotasiouxgrizzly2006@...> wrote:

Was just reading posts...and in all the stuff I'm reading I think
there are a great number of doctors who only see disease as a symptom
of a bigger issue. Get at the bigger issue and you can solve the
problem. They don't look at all the diseases as "diseases" persay,
they just see them as symptoms. Wonder if this is what the person on
your adrenal board was saying.

What I keep finding over and over and over again is that the ROOT
problem for degenerative diseases and autoimmune disorders etc. is
the food supply in this country and other "developed" countries. Yes
they have disease in the under developed countries but not these
diseases that are DIET related. People in the under developed
countries die from viruses and bacteria not disease you get from
malnutrition!!

So if we take a look at two key issues ( which I am personally
looking at myself)...those two key issues that involve the food
supply in the United States...
we use to be hunters and gatherers...we use to grow our own food and
eat our own food right after being picked.
What is true in the United States today is actually now that I'm
thinking about it 3 fold...

1. We grow our food on "industrialized" farms...meaning the only
thing they add to the soil are chemicals to make it grow quicker and
without BUGS. You can go to the US Government Agricultural site and
do the research on what is put in the soil. It has been known for a
very long time that there is no ZINC left IN the soil in the US. I
think I learned that in High School in 1982. So what are we REALLY
growing??? and then eating??

2. We pick and harvest the fruits and vegetables BEFORE they have a
chance to rippen. This robs the plant of the very process that gives
us the nutrients we need to build health cells and stay alive because
these nutrients we need, develop in the final stages of growing. They
are lost.

3. As soon as you pick a vegetable or fruit it begins the dieing
process and as it is dieing it is losing it's nutrients ( if it had
any to begin with) at a fast rate. This also is NOT big news...we
have known this for years.

So if we know this to be true of our food supply, how do we expect to
be healthy from eating it day in and day out? Why ARE so many people
sick with degenerative diseases and autoimmune diseases??
HOW do we eat for health?

Well the first thing I'm doing is getting help from someone who has
worked with people who have been in stage 4 cancer..he's not lost a
patient yet so I tend to trust his advice. Today I got an 11 page
document of the things I need to do in my kitchen and the list of
ingredients that cause cancer, that seem to be is almost everything
in this country! This makes me very angry! He also told me that I
need to be walking an hour every day...that walking increases your
immune response by 30%!!! I use to walk, every day, no matter
what..and I really felt good then. Also that I need to be at my DNA
weight, which the weight I was at 16 years old. That was 110 pounds,
so i have 80 pounds to lose.

I am buying a greenhouse on-line and setting it up on my property. I
am buying organic and from the Local Harvest store in St. Louis..this
is a local farmers market who sells food grown right here in this
area. I feel like I don't have "many" choices which is sad when you
think about where we live...freedom of choice? in the US?? mmm let's
see...McDonalds healthy, raw, fresh locally grown food? NOPE!
AppleBee's? healthy, raw, fresh locally grown food? NOPE! Ahhh one
of my kids favorite rest. DQ? healthy, raw, fresh locally grown food?
NOPE! Tell me where that freedom of choice is again?? Ahh you say
the grocery store?? do they have raw. locally grown food in there??
no they don't...unless they have a special program in place..which
some do..I am GRATEFUL that i DO have the freedom of choice to buy a
greenhouse and put it up on my property and I am grateful that i have
a LOCAL Harvest store within an hour of my house.

What are YOU willing to do to be healthy??

I raise these questions because the answer to LIFE is not reactionary
medicine ( waiting until someone is diseased and then react to that
disease and basically cover the symptoms) An aspirin doesn't get rid
of your headache, it gets rid of the sensation of pain, you still
have your headache, you just don't know it!!. Now before you jump on
me, I am not saying that whatever you feel is best for you to do for
your own personal health and that of your family is "wrong". We are
all individuals and we have got to be able to make those decisions
about our own health for ourselves. I certainly don't want a
government being in charge of my health...but in a way this
governement, IS already..how many fast food restaurants are in your
town?? Where are the restaurants that feed us raw, organic, healthy
cell building food??? ( I intend to have this kind of good, healthy,
cell building food in my Cafe when we open in may 2008!)
Where is the support, financially for the ORGANIC farmers who are
willing to grow the food that can feed us on a cellular level?? Did
you know that it takes 8 years to certify a field to be organic?
That means it must lay dormant for 8 years before you can grow food
on it and call it organic. WHAT?? Can't we develop a program where
the organic farmer can use that land and have the food labled,
something like, "going organic"..meaning it's not all the way there
but we're working on it? One has to ask the question..why is it so
difficult in this country to get good wholesome food??? It costs
less per square acre to grow organic than commercial. Can anyone say
the word MONSANTO??? who makes the chemicals that are spread on the
fields year after year after year?? MONSANTO. Who is buying up all
the SEED in the WORLD so that they have the only seed left???
MONSANTO....did you know that organic homesteaders HIDE their seed so
that no one knows what they have?? you can go to the organic
homesteading board right here in yahoo and talk to those people.

My auto-immune diagnosis has spawned me into action on so many
different levels. And I am angry at this country for standing by and
allowing dis-ease to be the NORM...and no longer the exception. Do
you realize we are entering a time where our children are dieing
before their parents?? This has never happened before. We have to
wake up and figure out what's going on.

Be well...
~Amy~
http://bodymindspirit-amy.blogspot.com/

--- End forwarded message ---