Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Not Easy

I am finding that it is not easy to go this health road alone. I have some support on-line but it has been very difficult making changes on my own. Tomorrow brings me to another day of "repositioning" and "rethinking" my direction on the health front. I BEGIN again.

100% RAW food...I feel I must do the 100% because of the addictive behavior with COOKED FOOD. I can be off of it..and I can have one portion and even one bite of cooked food and my body is craving it again. Not fun or funny. It's as if my self control gets taken away. I went through this same thing when I was breaking my addictive cycle with FAST FOOD...I got off of it and then by tempting of a friend I ate some Taco Bell and all of a sudden I was craving it and couldn't think of anything else until I ate some more of it. It's insane but it's what has happened to me.

So much of our culture is based on food and alcohol. I am not a drinker either..but most of our social situations are around food and drink. Not healthy food and drink mind you. I want more restaurants where you get fresh fruit locally grown smoothies and raw food dishes. :-)

I'm looking for local support. But so far..nothing.

~Amy~