Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stage 2: Toxemia

The stagnation of Stage 1 leads to the buildup of toxins in the body, and these substances begin to saturate the blood, lymph, and cells. Stage 2 is typified by sluggish energy, and in the case of diabetes, we already have cells that are developing the preconditions for being insensitive to the signaling of insulin due to their toxic state. John Tilden writes in the chapter "Toxemia" in Herbert Shelton's The History of Natural Hygeine:

"The toxin theory of the healing art is grounded on the truth that toxemia is the basic source of all diseases. So sure and certain is this truth that I do not hesitate to say that it is by far the most satisfactory theory that has been advanced in all the history of medicine. It is a scientific system that covers the whole field of cause and effect-a system that synthesizes with all knowledge, hence a true philosophy.

When this truth first began to force itself upon me, years ago, I was not sure but that there was something wrong with my reasoning. I saw that it would bring me very largely in opposition to every established medical treatment. I held back, and argued with myself....I fought to suppress giving open utterance to a belief that would, in all probability, cause me to be hissed at-subject me to the jeers and gibes of the better class of people, both lay and professional.

Little by little I have proved the truth of my theory. I have tried it out daily for the past twenty years. I myself have personally stood the brunt of my experimenting, and have willingly suffered because of it. Every day this trying-out of the theory has convinced me more and more that toxemia is the universal cause of disease.

As has been stated continuously in my writings for the past dozen years, the habits of overeating, overclothing, and excesses of all kinds use up nerve energy. When the nerve supply is not equal to the demands of the body, organic functioning in impaired, resulting in the retention of waste products. This produces toxemia."

Common sources of toxemia include various exogenous and endogenous toxins, which will now be recognizable as the diabetogenic pre-conditions for diabetes.

Endogenous toxins include:
*Metabolic waste, ongoing, toxic byproducts on the cellular level
*Spent debris from cellular activity
*Dead cells
*Emotional and mental distress and excess
*Physical fatigue, distress, and excess

Exogenous toxins include:
*Unnatural food and drink
*Natural foods deranged by cooking, refining and preserving
*Improper food combinations that result in endogenous toxins
*Medical, pharmaceutical, herbal, and supplemental drugging
*Tobacco, alcohol, and all forms of recreational drugging
*Environmental, commercial, and industrial pollutants
*Impure air and water