Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Beginning

I was diagnosed with hypothyroid disease almost 10 years ago ( the exact time doesn't matter to me).

I've "settled" for not feeling my best for quite a few years.

3 weeks ago I decided to try a new doctor and a fresh approach. I switched from my MD to a Naturopathic Doctor.

I saw her approx. 4 weeks ago and she took my history and asked me some questions.
She put me on an adrenal suppliment. She said once a person "presents" with a thyroid disorder they have probably been suffering from adrenal exhaustion for 5-10 years previously.
I am to take the suppliment once in the morning and once at noon.

She also put me on a 1300 calorie diet, which I have yet to "nail down". No more fast food, or processed food. I have yet to be successful at this. My highest weight was 260 pounds in 2005. Today I am 200 pounds and my personal goal is to be at my goal weight of 130 by my birthday next year which is July 25th.

She took three test tubes of blood.

I received the lab results in the mail about 1 week later.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease. With an antibody level of over 3000 ( normal range is 0-44).
My B-12 levels were "low". They recommended 8 B-12 shots, one each week for the next 8 weeks. Today I had my second shot. So 2 down and 6 to go.
She increased my Armour to 180 mg every day ( previous to that I was on 120 mg on even days and 90 mg on odd days).

I decided to change doctors because I was not feeling well. My intuition was telling me that something else was wrong with my body. I had started a rigerous exercise routine, of biking in the morning with a friend for 12 miles and then in the gym on a treadmill in the afternoons for 2 miles, and light weight lifting, 5 days a week. I was exhausted. Something just didn't make sense.

So last Monday ( Nov. 19th, 2007) I began the new dose of Armour. I felt horrible that day and the next. The heart "dropping" was the worst it had ever been. My heart was dropping beats. By 1:00 p.m. I was exhausted. I had stopped the rigerous exercise routine until I got the results back from the blood tests, etc. I begin again at the gym tomorrow. Starting out slower this time.

Today, yesterday and the day before that I have had little to no heart "dropping" issues.
I attribute this to the increase in Armour, and the increase in glyconutrients.

I will be back later to write out all that I am taking, suppliment wise, and what I have since found out about a new product a friend introduced me to.

This blog is about MY journey with an auto immune dis-ease and how I am dealing with and healing from Hashimoto's Dis-ease...body, mind and spirit.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Angie,
    My maiden name is HANSON?? wouldn't it be a small world if we were related..even by marriage.

    Ok I'm no doctor BUT, what my Naturopath is telling me is that we've got to change the way in which we eat. What we eat basically. That is part of the reason why we don't have correctly functioning immune systems.

    The dis-eases and illnesses are ONLY SYMPTOMS of something deeper going on. What that is? I have no idea yet for myself. I'm being tested for Mercury poisoning..ordered a kit on-line..that may be a ROOT cause of what is going on.

    I have not been tested for anything else and probably won't be as far as auto immune diseases go unless I ASK for them MYSELF. :-) The next blood workup is going to include diabetes, celiacs and purnicious anemia.

    From what i have been able to read CELIACS disease is the "culprit" behind a lot of issues.
    One should be tested for that autoimmune disease as well..and I only say that because it has to do with the ABSORPTION of nutrients in the digestive system..VERY KEY to good health. Celiacs has to do with GLUTEN...and apparently a lot of people have no business coming anywhere near WHEAT, BARLEY, RYE or OATS. The human body was meant to eat fruits and vegetables, BUT that's a tricky thing too.

    Once you start down this road of auto-immune, from what i can understand, you'll be diagnosed with one after another after another UNLESS you correct what is going "wrong".
    My Naturopath says what we're eating and our lifestyles are killing us.

    So the end result is what choices are you able to make, willing to make, to improve your health? I think most people will do whatever it takes as long as they knew WHAT to do...that's the tricky part and a lot of people would rather just take their medicine and suffer than do the lifestyle changes...it's so vague..and most doctors don't give you a straight answer...somewhat because they don't want to be sued but the whole other part is THEY SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW the answers to some of our questions...they may not be schooled in it, they may not BELIEVE in healing, they may not have enough time to do the research..etc.

    I do not know much about iodine..yet. I'm not on it..have never been on it.

    What is your diet like? and be honest...
    How much do you weigh?
    What kind of stress do you have?

    I would get on an adrenal suppliment if you can..I believe we could all use an adrenal suppliment in this day and age...we are all under A LOT of stress no matter where you live or what your life is like...can't escape that one.

    Also know that this will take time to correct..you didn't get it over night. Do you believe your body can heal itself?

    Talk to you soon...
    ~Amy~

    ReplyDelete